Dear Class of 2022 Fine Arts Students,
We have been selected to award the State of Georgia’s new fine arts diploma seal beginning with the Class of 2017. To apply, you will complete the online form on the orchestra website under Fine Arts Diploma Seal. You must apply by Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at midnight. Link to application: https://waltonhighschoolorchestra.wufoo.com/forms/walton-hs-fine-arts-senior-application/
- Complete four years of a fine arts class as an enrolled student. Audit students are not eligible for this honor. This will be verified with a transcript check.
- Band, Chorus, and Orchestra: all four years in the program.
- Art: three years of a visual art class plus one of the following options:
- One additional year of visual arts
- One year of Graphic Arts class
- AP Art History
- Participate in two fine arts related extracurricular activities. This is defined as something outside of the school day that requires extra commitment. Examples include marching band, Drama Club, Tri-M: National Music Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, tour orchestra, tour choir, GHP for music, All State, membership teams, etc. Full list is on the application.
- Obtain 20 hours of community service related to the arts over the period of four years at Walton. Practice time for community performances in addition to director service hours will count for this. Students will account for a minimum of 20 hours.
- Submitting a capstone presentation video that 2-5 minutes about your experiences in the fine arts programs at Walton. You must include how you see fine arts impacting your life in the future. You may use PowerPoint with a voiceover pictures with a voiceover, or standard/creative video. Be creative!! You need to post your Capstone to FlipGrid by Tuesday, March 1, 2022 Fine Arts Diploma Seal Flip Grid Instructions
We hope you will apply!